This video describes bid rigging.
I researched it and the companies associated with it in here.
In a nutshell it says that bids are already decided before any requests are sent out.
You can skip the first 4 minutes of it.
- UBS ex-staffer gets jail time for muni bid-rigging (marketwatch.com)
- Six defendants will head to trial in Turnpike Scandal (fox43.com)
- Date set for Ferguson retrial on bid-rigging charges (clickondetroit.com)
- Six Ordered Held For Trial For Alleged Pennsylvania Turnpike Bid Rigging Scheme (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- UBS Bankers Jailed for Bid Rigging (gilescadman.vg)