At 13:43 EST (1:43 PM EST) on Sunday the thirteenth day of October 2013, Wikileaks shut down the the internet chat relay page at chat.wikileaks.org
Who? Wikileaks and The Julia Clark Organization
What? IRCs have been removed
When? 13 October and 23 September
How? Not provided to the general pubic
The Julia Clark Organization
- Had IRC chat through Speeqe.com for at least two years.
- Mainly used by appointment
- Mostly uneventful to my knowledge
- The free chat service is shut down due to abuse.
- September 23 , 2013
- waiting on reply for request of time-line
- excerpt from request:
- Due to the nature of spanking large companies with deep pockets and addressing corruption in general, The Julia Clark Organization has endured maleficence, directly and indirectly, against The JC Organization, peripheral structures, and our people.I am interested in knowing the time line of abuses; If possible the nature of the abuses and any other information surrounding the maleficence.
- excerpt from request:
The Wikileaks Organization
- Had IRC for many years
- I am not familiar with the exact number of years
- systematically targeted
- Server attacked repeatedly, making TOR the only option
- TOR nodes were destabilize until they were inoperable – repeatedly
- Web-based chat attacked by Astroturfs , and Social Engineers with the intent make Wikileaks look bad and harm Wikileaks and supporters
- closed web-based IRC October 13 , 2013
Wikileaks Organization and The Julia Clark Organization
- The Julia Clark Organization contacted Wikileaks via Mr. Julian Assange and the Ecuadorian embassy via H.E. Ana Albán Mora to express unity in the support of human rights.
The Julia Clark Organization for over a year has inspected and regarded The Wikileaks Organization. During this time The Julia Clark Organization has explored the fundamentals of Wikileaks. Though enjoyable task, Wikileaks is a very serious landscape. Observations have been limited to Wikileaks proper with a minor outlay into the Wikileaks party and its rift.
The Julia Clark Organization will publish limited discoveries, draw and develop in-depth studies , and broaden the scope of observations as time and funds permit.
- Julia Clark
Update Oct 15, 2013
Wikileaks statement on thier chat page:
We are sorry, but the Chat is now closed until further notice. We hope to bring a better community solution soon.
Over the last few months, our chat has been target of multiple attacks, including attempts to obtain information about users and a lot of spam.
We would like to say thank you for all the people who were with us over the last few years, and invite you to keep track of the upcoming changes.